Transfer money to New Zealand - easily and cheaply
How it works:
1. sign up for an account with www.tranzfers.com
2. set up a transfer with tranzfers, detail what bank you want the money to go in to, the amount, and where you want the money to come from
3. tranzfers send you a confirmation email telling you they are ready to go with the transfer but you must send them the money first
4. using a UK internet bank 'bill payment' (I use Smile), which is free, you transfer the funds to the tranzfers UK bank account.
5. money appears in NZ account a few days later
When i first tried this I was a little worried about the whole thing but it works really well - I've done it 3 times now. Tranzfers always keep you in the loop about what is going on with emails.
An extra neat feature you elect to use, if you transfer more than £5000, is to hold the money on suspense, and pick the day you want the transfer to go through - this allows you to wait until the exchange rate is optimal before shifting the cash.